Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fun Review Game

This week to review My Eternal Family, I'm going to have my kiddos sit in a circle on the floor (chairs would work fine if you don't want to get on the floor) and give each one of them an envelope with an instruction slip inside. Then I'll choose one child to be blindfolded who will stand in the middle of the circle and spin around, pointing a wand. When the child comes to a stop, whomever he/she is pointing at with the wand will open their envelope and read the instructions. Then we'll all sing the song according to the instructions.

The instructions slips are as follows:
  • loud
  • fast
  • staccato
  • whisper
  • mouth wide open (my kids love this one)
  • tongue sticking out (they love this one too. it's hard to sing with your tongue sticking out)
  • sad face
  • standing on one foot
  • rocking to the beat
  • pounding the floor to the beat
  • stamping your feet to the beat
  • standing up, holding hands, and walking in a circle (you could fall down like "Ring Around the Rosies" at the end if you want to)
  • etc.

I'll also have a bunch of slips that say "pick your favourite primary song to sing" for any extra kids we have.I'm decorating the envelopes with shamrocks and printing the instructions in green, since St. Patrick's day is coming up, or you could adapt it to whatever holiday/season that you wish.

No comments: